Saturday, January 17, 2009

Making Things Pretty........





I had my first taste of making a somewhat elaborate cake for my dear friend Emily's baby shower. If you don't know this already..i absolutely LOVE throwing parties..entertaining...themes...making things "pretty" and most importantly making the guest (s) feel special and honored. (yes, i think i need a girl baby in my life). For this shower I decided the centerpiece to focus on would be the cake.Lets just say it took 2 days of planning and 6 hours of making. If it weren't for Andrew looking after the boys on Friday and my sister in law answering my obsessive "how to" phone calls. Anyway...it turned out and I was pleased..for those of you who care the top tier was chocolate with from scratch chocolate ganache and the bottom was funfetti with funfetti and vanilla icing. I also had fun painting the train that spelled out the baby's name and doing the fruit bouquet. The menu was Chicken skewer's, wild rice, and spinach salad with cranberries and oranges.Yum!!! Also these pics would not be possible without the help of my sweet and precious friend..thanks, girl!

post signature

4 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

You've always been a GREAT hostess! I'm impressed with the cake...looks yummy!

Hillary said...

Wow! That is amazing! Emily looks so cute, too. Is she having another girl? I saw the name Maya on the table - just wondering. And, by the way, congrats to you!!! Very exciting!!

The Bryant Buzz said...

oh my goodness, that is the most amazing looking cake ever. You are so talented! I don't think I could ever pull that off....

Ben, Sharon, Grace & Abigail said...

The cake is beautiful!! Good job, I love it!!!