Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Judes Diagnosis

Well, we have been home almost a week- wow! It has been nice hanging out with the boys and getting caught up on the house. I have been a bad mommy and have not taken a single picture this week.

Since being home, I have been ready to get out and do some things ( since even before his hospital stay I didn't know what Jude had ..if he was contagious etc) so I have not taken the boys anywhere in about a month. We went to the free azalea movie this morning where Jude lasted about 30 minutes before he wanted to run up and down the aisles!

We heard this morning from the Pediatric GI that he had been diagnosed with

Eosinophilic gastroenteritis

In every single organ that was biopsied he showed for this..

If you Google it there is a lot of good information. I am just starting to do the research and understand some of it myself. The next step is a pediatric allergist next week. Judes symptoms have been the same since we got home but not as severe to where I am fearing he is dehydrated.

I just remembered a few days ago I am pregnant and have the urge to nest a little and get some projects done around the house. Having energy to do that would be nice ;-)

Hope you all are well! love love.

post signature

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

Oh my! I am so sorry that poor Jude is having to deal with this and you, as the parents, having to deal with this as well. I am sure it is all very overwhelming, especially being pregnant but God will provide. We will be praying for you guys. Hopefully it is only one or two foods that he will have to avoid. Hey! You might just have another little herbivore on your hands!

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you finally have some answers. Do you know how restricted his diet will be? Is that what the allergist is going to talk to you about?