Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lake Keowee

We had so much fun spending a couple nights at the lake with Andrews mom and dad, cousin Mandi and hubby David, cousin Sheri, Wes and Denise, Grandma Suzanne, and some other family. Andrew and I went kayaking Saturday morning. I love to kayak. In high school I was a competitive rower and I just love being out on the water--It was clear and we could see the mountains. After we were done we went back to get the boys. Drew took Roman and I took Jude. They were so cute enjoying it with us. Later on Andrew and I went tubing. I must say (insert bragging tone) I did great. I think Perry (Drews dad) used every technique in the book to throw me off ;) I think P90x developed biceps and shoulders coupled with the technique I developed to stay partially on my knees at times and then on my belly was the real trick. I even pulled myself (insert bragging tone again) up out of the water onto the tube probably six times in a row,ahhh...so much fun! I can't wait to get the video of us- we even tried standing up. Jude loved the boat and hesitantly- okay, forceably got onto the tube with Andrew while Pappy drove the boat back at about .3 miles per hour. Roman loved diving and jumpingoff the dock and the boat- for hours!! just how little boys should be spending their summers! On the way up I read part of managers of their homes and got even more inspired to make a new schedule for the school year. It is so good to remember and focus on your "why" of doing things so you can develop the "how." If we are to make the most of our time and lives then we must live purposefully and plan/manage our time and chidlrens time.

No comments: