Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jude Update

We visited MUSC with Jude today. For a number of reasons we havnt been since we started him on solid food again. They were very pleased with his height and weight gain. Jude LOVES going to see his Peds GI Dr. Pillai. He is an indian doctor and is so good with him. The  nurses and Dr. Pillai also love Jude. Pillai asked Jude if he could take him home and Jude says "Yes, Dr Pie, I go home wiff you and take care of you." Then when I was talking to Dr. P, Jude says , "excuse me Dr. Pie, I wuvs you." Dr.Pillai gave Jude an early birthday present- a camo stuffed monkey and even told me how wonderful Judes manners were...and that was a credit to me :) ha! I told him we are working on it ;)

The plan is to continue him on a modified diet with his peptamen jr. to ensure continued weight gain. We will see them again in 6 mos from now. They were considering a rescope of the upper next month and after I questioned it, they are on board with waiting until after his next evaluation :)

We have also stopped all meds all together. Praise God!

3 comments:

Sri Lanka Medical Missions 2012 said...

I am so glad to see this update on Jude before I leave. So sorry I have been totally zoned out and focused on getting my work done before I leave. Jude, and all of you are in my prayers always. I will MISS you all so much. Love, Roz

Jenna said...

YAY!!! Praise God!

felicia said...

What an answer to prayer! And what a sweet, sweet boy! He certainly captured Ben's heart! He's always had mine, I'm easy ;)