Thursday, December 1, 2011

Catherine Glory 5 mos and MUSC

Catherine Glory is our joy. We are still in shock that we are the parents to this sweet pink baby girl. Sometimes I change her diaper and squeal because it reminds me of the first time I saw her. Hynie first, entering the world. A sight that would forever change me.A baby girl, a sweet daughter. A part of my heart I never knew that I desired. A craving. Catherine Glory, I craved you!
Catherine will be 6 months old on December 10th. The last six months have been some of the most joy filled and the darkest of my life. An ongoing struggle with postpartum depression (hormones!) and the unexplained joy of realizing how much I desired this sweet gift. You see, not only did Baby Page #4 happen to be a girl: The daughter-crown of our family. She also happens to be the most joy-filled baby. Out of the womb she seemed to kick up to nuzzle under my chin. Home from the hospital, she seemed to want to sleep an  eight-hour night. She ate and slept. As she grew, she smiled and cooed. never a fussy moment or crying spell. The.happiest.baby.on.earth.

Catherine looks like me. She really does. I love looking at her asleep and thinking of my baby pictures.

Almost Identical.

I love watching her smile and seeing these dimples that are her own. All her own. Smiling for Gods glory.

Today we had a consultation at MUSC. At my 20 week prenatal ultrasound, Catherine was diagnosed with hydroneuphrosis of her left kidney. Basically, it was a little enlarged. Alarming? not, really. It is common in newborns. BUT, I had my left kidney removed at 16 following a diagnosis of low function which caused multiple bladder infections and high fevers.

By the end of my pregnancy the ultrasounds showed the kidney was a normal size.YEAH!

Last month, Catherines pediatrician ordered an ultrasound just to make sure everything still looked good. We almost didn't go because I thought it was pointless. A few days later the results left u shocked. her right and left kidney showed enlargement. she also showed a kidney stone on her left kidney,

Today we met with a great DR. at the pediatric neproplogy unit. He studied at Cambridge University ( I was born in Cambridge) and was probably in his 70's. basically, we couldn't have asked for a more proficient or knowledgeable doctor. He took so much time with us going over all of her ultrasounds.

It seems that there are quite a few abnormality's with the left kidney and the right kidney is enlarged to compensate for that issue. Right now she is to be on an antibiotic because we don't know the severity of any re flux and an infection at this point could become septic to a baby her age. We will go in two weeks for a day of testing to determine the level of reflux and to look at the kidneys in more detail.

Thank you so much for your prayers. I will keep you updated. I am confident God will use this to His glory.He promised to do so- Romans 8:28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Frances Page said...

Know that Jesus Christ in you and with you during this time. We continue to pray HE will heal Catherine's kidneys with no more problems. She is very precious to us also. Love you

stephanie jones said...

Lady! Wow - I am praying and we are gonna be laying hands on that little girl and joining with you in prayer!!! XX

stephanie jones said...

We are standing with you in prayer!!! We are praying and will be laying hands on that precious baby every chance we get! X