Monday, July 23, 2007

Dallas 2007










Andrew and I attended our first Bumperman convention this weekend in Dallas.We got off to a rocky start as we almost missed our plane.Andrew was responsible for looking up the departure time and getting us a ride. Well, he had some work set up in WA friday mornning so he took off to do that at 8 telling me we would have a ride at 10 and our flight left at 12:30. I am rushing around packing us and Roman and think to myself, i need to look at those flight tickets to double check the time.By this time it was 9:20..and the tickets said we left at 10:30.So I call Andrew sho is still working in west ashley to inform him that our flight actually leaves in an hour..well, that was just the most stressful hour ever..BUT we made it!and we were on our way!On the way out their was a storm in atlanta and coming into Dallas so there was alot of turbulence which did not make me feel good!
At Dallas, we were picked in a white stretch limo and taken to our hotel. When we got to our room i fell on the bed and collapsed!It was SO comfortable. I told Andrew he could leave me there ALL weekend.But alas, he wanted me to accompany him to dinner!The food was AMAZING...I was in heaven..salad and tons of veggies!and the most elaborate dessert spread!I had some scrumptious chocolate cake.On Saturday we worked out in the hotel gym- it was so great- they had really good equipment and then had a great breakfast buffet. Then the boys all went off to do "business" while the ladies went shopping at the Galleria. I did more looking than shopping...but it was amazing...like in Saks and Nordstoms they had sevens and citizens jeans laid out like they have levis in Belks..it was so exciting! It was also fun to meet some other "Bumper wives" and shop with them. After shopping was awards.It was so fun and motivational to see what everyone had accomplished and what we could and WILL accomplish!Andrew got an award for outstanding sales in the first year because he earned a certain amount in one month.I am so proud of him!!! The top guy this year did 50,000 in one month! Maybe that will be our goal next year!The highlight was really seeing what a great company this is and how much the Lord has grown it from one man and his wife. It is soo family and Christ oriented which is exactly what Andrew and I have been praying for even while he was still in the ministry.We loved meeting the other families and Andrew was able to talk "business" and get a lot of new ideas!It was a great weekend..but let me tell you. I AM DONE TRAVELING FOR A LONG TIME!

6 comments:

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

Sounds like a fun and motivating weekend! So glad you made it there and home safely. Would love to hear more about that chocolate cake....

Dena said...

What a FUN trip - I am glad y'all made it in time - I hear Dallas is soooo cool!

LeslieW. said...

I am so glad you made it! It is so nice to get out of town as a family. Congrats on the award, Andrew!!!

The LaBouffs said...

Yeah! Isn't Dallas awesome? I think it is....I wished we could've driven down to see you guys! I know your week/weekend was packed full! I'm glad yall had a great time! I'm super proud of Andrew for that award!

Jessica said...

Hey girl,
I was online the same time you posted! I didn't know about Andrew's business. How fun! I hop eyou are feeling well. I really like your blog.

Jessica said...

I hope you had fun in Dallas. I didn't realize that was what Andrew was doing. FUN! Good for him. Hope you are feeling well.
Do you still go to East Shore gym???