Thursday, July 26, 2007

ER TRIP.............

I took Roman to play with the trains at Barnes and Noble this afternoon.After A while I started to not feel so good so I thought we would leave and grab dinner on the way home.When i got to the car I started getting this really bad headache but brusehd it off and started to drive. As I was driving, the pain became overwhelming and I stopped. Then I got a tingling and numbness all the way up my right arm.I started getting scared so I tried to call Andrew but I couldn't talk. Literally, my brain was thinking the words but my mouth wouldn't form them.I had lost complete control of my body with Roman in the back seat.I had no speech capacity. But, thank God we were safe and in a parking space. After a few minutes, Andrew could make out some words..he was in savannah...figured out where I was (in n.charleston) and sent Sharon to take me to the hospital.Once there, i got checked over and they suspected what i had figured from the start..that i had a minor stroke.My dad had the same exact thing happen a few montehs ago and we have a histroy of blood clots in our family.They decided to do a CT scan , which scared me because of the risk to the fetus but was neccesary to make sure there was no bleeding.The CT scan didn't show anything so we were about to be released when my blood pressure dropped really low and we had to stay, again. But ,now i am home and will be seeing a neurologist in the next few days. Please keep us in your prayers..especially the little newbie...its such a crucial time for him ;-)

10 comments:

tara said...

Lindsay!!! We will be praying for you, girl! Let us know if there is anything we can do. (p.s. - thanks for stopping by our blog!)

LeslieW. said...

Wow dude, I am speechless. What can I do? Anything...you name it. I am definately praying...that's a given. Love you and I am so glad you are ok.

Dena said...

Wow! That is soooo scary! I am sooooooooooo glad everything is okay - let me know if you need ANYTHING - I will be checking on you later! BIG KISSES!!!

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

So sorry to hear about your ER trip! I pray you're feeling better!

I would love to help you jazz up your page! email me at jennisajoy@juno.com

Thanks dear!

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

You're on our prayer list for sure and we hope that everything's okay. How scary for you and Roman to be out when it happened! So glad you're home safely now.

Lindsay said...

Thank you all for your sweet concern and prayers.It is so nice to know people care and love you when you are feeling really bummed out!

Jessica said...

Lindsey!
oh my goodness! Are you okay!
Holy cow??? That would've scared me to death. You are so brave. I will be praying for you and Peanut. Are you supposed to be laying low or anything???

The LaBouffs said...

Woah! We'll be praying for you and the littlest Page! What an attack!! Your little one must have an awesome call on his/her life! I'm so glad that Sharon was able to come and get you and that Andrew figured out where you were!

Buffie said...

Lindsay--so glad you are home now and I will definitely be saying a prayer for you and the newest Page. Please tell me what I can do for you and let us know what the Doc says!!!

Merrie said...

WOW! I'm so glad that you had enough sense to pull over! Did they put you one anything like a blood thinner? Are you experiencing any other problems?
So glad Andrew knew what to do. I bet he was home a LOT earlier than he originally planned! We are praying for you!