Friday, July 27, 2007

Some things I am learning and Scriptures i am Meditating On

1) Whenever I am afraid I will trust in you (psalm 56:3)

2) He did not give us a spirit of timidity but of power, love, and self- dicsipline(2 timothy)

3) Sometimes when we try and control everything. The Lord takes away that control.I have been thinking about how tough this pregnancy has been so far, physically, and what happened yesterday.It was an excruciating feeling losing control of my body...I pray I never have to expereince that again. On a lesser note, just being so sick and tired I have had to let go of my house, and my laundry, and some of my activities. It is hard but I know the Lord is trying to teach me something here. Is it possible that the world will keep moving if my house isn't clean and the laundrys not done?

4) Life is so precious..I want to spend less time doing things and more time playing with Roman.Next time he sticks out that chubby hand and says "moma, come on" I will try and not find so many excuses not to.

5)I love my family, they are amazing. I had the fleeting thought of my mom yesterday and so badly wanting her...but the Lord showed up through my in-laws, my husband, and my dad. Ros and Perry and Sharon are the family God knew I always needed.He gives and takes away, Blessed be His name...But I have gained a sister, and a mom ,and a second dad...and they really do love me as their own.And my dad is amazing.He and I arn't ones to express feelings and show emotion too well but yesterday hearing the urgency and caring and concern in his voice showed me that I was still just his little girl.

6)Life is a series of choices. We make them everyday..I am often over analytical and spend alot of time in prayer when making them..even small ones..the Lord showed me lately that sometimes we need to make the best possible choice sometimes for us without considering every angle of everything and everybody else...and its okay to do that..although Satan will try and make us feel guilty and call it "selfish". I have also learned that when the Lord is leading you to make changes in your life and its time (whatever it is)that 1) He will lead the way 2) He will give you peace 3) He will create reception on your behalf

7) When you are in the center of His will- the doors fly open in ways you never could imagine. Certain things become easy and everything in life starts to fall into place...As opposed to being out of His will when you try and take things on your own and consult him later, or tell him repeatedly this is what you want... you end up banging on doors that won't open and then you brake your provverbial hand or foot..and everything in life is difficult and tainted with striving.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank you for sharing your heart.
Thank you.

Merrie said...

Awesome insights! You are a wise young lady! Your family is blessed to have you! Thank you for reminding me of things and the importance of keeping things in the right perspective.

Buffie said...

I loved reading that and am praying for you and little Page.

Dena said...

THAT is what I got out of our Bible study this week and I think my hand is BROKEN!!!! Sometimes my ears don't work so good - OH no, that's just me not shutting up long enough to listen!