Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Purple People..






Today i moved the baby pool onto the screened in porch in hopes of training Jude to like the water. They had so much fun splashing around. Then I had the brilliant idea to dye the pool water purple with food coloring. They loved it! When they got out an hour later i noticed they were a little more colorful than when they got in. Especially Judes hair and eyebrows because he is so fair! They thought it was great and I loved having a good laugh with them!

In my quiet time today God spoke to me so clearly through Psalm 46.

Be Still and Know that I am God.


That small scripture is so loaded. It tells us to put all our hurried and anxious thoughts..our all consuming worries and need for control to rest. To be Still means to be calm, tranquil, free from noise or turbulence. To know is to be convinced of...and to be aware of the truth. Over the last few weeks I have found that God has been teaching me a lot about myself . My need for control among other things. As if worrying will add one hour to my life? As if God isn't big enough to take care of my baby..as if He doesn't love Jude more than I do... As if in the last few weeks the promise that He works out Everything for our good has somehow changed....In these last weeks of feeling helpless and in the last 24 hours I have had to make a decision to hold onto the truths that I know about God.His truth that never fails and His promises that never change. He reminds me to Be Still in His presence and to Know that He is God and He is in control.



post signature

4 comments:

Hilary Surratt said...

haha! That is so funny, when I saw Jude tonight, I was wondering why his hair was a pink/purple color! I was thinking maybe some meds he was on made it do that, I'm so silly, that looks really fun! It's amazing how much more fun colored water can be than clear water! I'm glad that he is doing better and you guys are figuring everything out! I'm still praying for you guys! Love you! :)

Jen said...

How fun! We do that in the bathtub sometimes... easy way to jazz up bathtime. :)

Sri Lanka Medical Missions 2012 said...

thank you for your encouraging words. I know as a parent and grandparent, we are anxious for an answer to the end of Judes health concerns and the scripture you shared reminds me to wait on the lOrd...all things really do work out for the good of those who ...wait and trust in the Lord. I hate wait!

The Gotbeters said...

Linday- your post is so inspiring:) thank u for sharing your heart with me:) love you and are praying for thurseday!