Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Laughing....

This morning I read in Proverbs 31. This verse caught my attention, She is clothed with Strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. I just love that visual and language. Laughing at the days to come. That means she has no fear, no anxiety. Just joy, hope, and expectation. WOW!

Can you imagine if I lived my life laughing at the days to come? What would that look like? To be abandoned and walking in the spirit so much , that I could laugh. Laugh at that IRS bill. Laugh at that medical report. Laugh that our house has been on the market and we havnt had a showing.

I want to laugh! I want to look at the future with the knowledge and assurance that my God and my savior has it covered. In order to to that I need to walk outside of my flesh and the here and now. The fleshful Lindsay that says: "we can't cover that bill..we dont have the money.... Its been a long time and this medicine is so experimental Jude will never be better.... The housing market is so bad, noone will want to buy our house."

Maybe next time I get some "bad" news or recieve a piece of mail that isn't pleasing, I will laugh. Laugh outloud in an effort to train my heart and spirit and as an act of worship in telling my Lord." I love you, I know you, I trust you..and I am yours."

Philippians 4:6-7


Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ.

Psalms 40:1-3


I waited patiently for God to help me; then He listened and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out from the bog and the mire, and set my feet on a hard, firm path and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, of praises to our God. Now many will hear of the glorious things He did for me, and stand in awe before the Lord, and put their trust in Him.

1 Peter 5:7

Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you.





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------